Wednesday 12 January 2011

October Cake Competition

Last October, I entered a cake competition with no expectation to win any prizes but full of excitement and courage to complete two wedding cakes! It was a daring approach as I’ve never taken any baking or cake decorating classes before and here I am taking part in a competition with tons of professionals. Although my little creations did not make it to the top 3 but I knew my mum was proud of me =)

My apology to my mum and dad as they need to assist me to deliver the cakes to the venue (and we will scream each time we went through bumpy roads).  Thinking back, it was funny that my dad kept on emphasize that I need to have a van to deliver these kind of cakes just like most of the bakery owners did in most countries!  I can start collecting my funds now by baking more cakes.

The White Wedding
“A wedding cake should be white as it shows sincerity, purity and true love”, that’s what my mum would always said each time I design a wedding cake. She would say it like a love expert, sharing her experiences about relationship and funny stories about dating. This cake design was inspired by the vintage fabric patterns and it also represent eternity love.


The Romantic Red
It was one of my dream wedding cakes but since I’ve been exposed to so many new design, it has became one of the must-try design instead of must-own design. Love should be sweet and at the same time it should be sexy. This cake design is inspired by the Cinderella story – every wedding should have a happily ever after story. This romantic red represents sweet memories with little butterflies and each color tone shares the different story of a romantic romance. It’s sexy because of the sexy chili red. With the initial double ‘S’, it means Sandy Shiek da baker. 

No comments: