Wednesday 12 January 2011

Collection of Wedding Cakes


My first Wedding Cake
One of my interest is to design wedding cakes because I enjoy the feeling of sharing the love and joy with the bride and groom – most of the time the brides are the ones who got really excited.I personally like the piping designs.

Sharing my thoughts on wedding cakes remind me of my first wedding that I design 4 years ago. It was three-tier white + golden wedding cake for my ex-colleague, Hardip Singh and his wife, Ruby. I heard they have been blessed with a baby girl recently. How lovely!



The Green Green Cake
Each time when I get the chance to decorate a wedding cake, I have the tendency to explore my creativity through colours, designs and shapes. I like to choose the colour that the bride likes. I shocked my mum when I decorated a green-coloured wedding cake for my lady boss. My sister would tease me by asking me if I’m baking for the Raya celebration. I told them it was my boss’s favourite colour and I want to design something that makes the person who will be receiving this, happy and excited! I started the colour with light green and ended up with strong, dark green. I was worried at first as it should be a wedding cake and not a Raya cake. I added red roses to bring the cake back to life again! Yay! My boss love it! In the end of the day, that’s what matters. Blek Blek…for those laughed at me.



No comments: