Thursday 20 May 2010

Baking Interest



Hey, it’s after work time and I have the urge to blog again. I was doing some serious thinking yesterday about my team and my future in the F &B industry. How do I manage my team well while they have different thoughts? The things I’m learning with my current position helps me a lot to structure my working committee for my future baking store. Oh talking about this, although I’m using TLCS for now but I seriously thought of naming my little bakery
---i-- ---r, your little cake shop
in the future…it’s a mystery for now as I want it to be a surprise to everyone. Since I’m working in the creative communication school, of course I need to play a little gimmick in enticing my customers.

Alright let’s get back to what I want to share today. The colour black and white inspires me a lot today. I wonder if the main reason is that my the other colleague wore the almost look-alike outfit too :P. I find that we can do plenty of designs with the colour of black and white. Personally I like these two colours as we tend to make fewer mistakes with them. The other day I was watching Cake Boss, one of my favourite programme besides CSI, House, Ghost Whisperer and practically I love watching anything that moves. Cake Boss’s boss did a great job in designing three different cake designs using the colour, black and white. It was so stylish, sophisticated and elegant looking. It was meant for a fashion magazine but I think it can be used for any wedding and food magazine. Anyway, the design that he ahs chosen were Victorian style – with black flowery design on top of pure white icing, modern style – with simple black stripes and roses around the three-tier white sugar-iced cake and the final design was something I called contemporary – it still has its touch of modernism and its magic of elegance – it looks like it’s meant for the top executives than the playful youth. Black and white does make a good couple. It’s like two pieces of jigsaws puzzle, completing each other. Unfortunately, my colour is grey. Although I tried hard to differentiate them but somehow we will always ended in the grey area.

While we are still sharing thoughts on the ‘couples’, have you ever wonder for difficult it is for the Chinese to have their wedding cakes or gowns in black and white? If we can wear them for our prom night, parties and dinners – mind you Chinese wedding dinner is also know as dinner mah…, why can’t the bride and groom wear them too? Aha…gotcha! Welcome to the grey area.

No comments: